Tuesday, August 9, 2011

After long last, I have returned!


Hello everyone, I’m back! It’s been a long time since my last post so I am eager to get back into the blogosphere. Let me just quickly recap from where I left off…

My campaigns course took a huge turn from being a capstone class to full-time job. As an account executive, I had the pleasure of working with a team of my peers to work on a social media and mobile campaign for a very large, local corporation. Since the company was such a big name, we had a very large task in front of us. It did not take long before I began pulling all-nighters and getting my hands dirty in every aspect of the project. Two months flew by before I could even blink. By then we had conducted a focus group, created an integrated marketing campaign spanning social media, guerrilla marketing and events, completed a plans book to present our ideas and pitched our campaign to our college and professors. Our group finally presented to the client in downtown Atlanta and then I was back on this planet. Finally! My blinders were off and I had the brief opportunity to update myself on my family and world happenings (Yes, I really was that busy).

Overall, even with the immense amount of work involved and the sometimes-intense circumstances, the class was amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I met some really amazing people, gained a lot of experiences I can take with me on my job search and a new confidence.

Almost immediately after the class ended, I moved back home. Since then I have been hitting the job hunt at full force. I’m ready to start my career, and this experience has only proven to me that I can handle anything an employer wants to throw my direction. This is good because I am undergoing the difficult task of relocating to Washington D.C. I’m not afraid of the challenge, but more eager to get into the game and start my next chapter in life.

Now that I am home, I will be putting more time into my social networking. I don’t want to keep my followers waiting any longer. If you haven’t checked out my twitter feed or website yet, the information is below.

Look for more updates soon and have a great one!

Twitter: gabriellejewell

No comments:

Post a Comment