Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Suspicious Blog Activity: A Story of a Curious Haunting

Yesterday, I invited my Twitter followers to check out my blog. As I have mentioned before, I am still trying to get acquainted with the blogosphere, so I have been doing some research on how to "blog effectively." One of the reoccurring themes was this: allow people to easily connect to your blog. Sounds simple enough.

Alright, tweet this: "Twitter followers, kindly visit my blog, http://brieincapri.blogspot.com. My latest stats of readership are beginning to sadden me. Much thanks." With a quick and proud dusting off of my hands, I had done what every good blogger does. Time to celebrate.

Fast forward. Today, approximately 3:10 P.M., I realized I needed a short break from my mentally taxing Management project. It was time to update my Twitter status; however, upon reaching the website, Twitter was down momentarily. Sad.

With time left on my break, I decided to turn my attentions back to my blog. It needed to be updated today. I reached yet another impasse. I couldn't think of anything, either useful or useless, to share with my followers. This did not come as a surprise to me since lately I have been plagued by a severe infestation of writer's block.

The time on my imaginary break timer was ticking. Just then, I saw my blog's "Stats" button. Curiosity struck. Did my easy tweet connectivity promotion work?

It did!

But I noticed a strange website that had visited me. I did not recognize the name, nor did it appear to have come from my Twitter plea. Who was this person? My curiosity heightened. Clicking on their link, I began an investigation only to be stopped short by a startling discovery. The culprit?

Apparently, my blog site is being promoted? Okay, that's cool. I can live with that. But, I wonder, why? My neighboring blogs seem to have been around the blogging block for quite a while. What has made my modest little blog site impressive enough to be featured next to these veterans. Should I be proud or suspicious? Hmm.... I wonder.

Only time will tell, Pingy Web Application. Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment